BA, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL
Member, American Society for Healthcare Engineering
Beth A. Lucera
Beth Lucera is a principal with the Walsh Consulting Group providing 20 years of medical equipment planning and consulting services. Her background includes project management for a diversity of projects including community hospitals, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, ambulatory care centers and various other healthcare facility projects.
Ms. Lucera’s experience includes the following:
- Lead consultant for procurement of medical equipment to equip academic medical center’s 900,000 s.f. Replacement Women’s Hospital (competitive bidding, analysis, installation coordination, activation).
- Consultant for procurement of medical equipment to equip a 1.25 million s.f. replacement Children’s Hospital (competitive bidding, analysis, installation coordination, activation).
- Worked on planning of 192-bed Replacement Bed Tower project which involved existing equipment inventory, detailed equipment budgeting, and specification development.
- Planning involvement for a west coast hospital’s 230,000 s.f. addition and renovation project including radiology, surgery, intensive care, emergency, and cardiology.
- Involved in planning of a 90 bed community hospital’s expansion project including emergency, intensive care unit, GI, cardiopulmonary, cardiac rehab and sleep lab.
- Budgeting and specification development for a community hospital replacement project including emergency, radiology, surgery and inpatient nursing units.
- Assisted in the planning of a new 250,000 square foot satellite ambulatory care facility for an academic medical center.
- Participated in the activation planning of two urban community health centers.
In addition to Ms. Lucera’s medical equipment planning experience, she has worked in an environmental chemistry lab conducting analysis of environmental samples.
Northwestern Medicine Oncology & IDS Pharmacy – Chicago, IL
Northwestern Old Irving Park Advanced Outpatient Care Center – Chicago, IL