Patrick S. Walsh
Principal / CEO
Patrick Walsh brings over 30 years of combined hospital operations and medical equipment consulting experience to his role as principal and chief executive officer of the Walsh Consulting Group. His experience includes medical equipment consulting and project management for academic medical centers, community hospitals, ambulatory care centers, and specialty facilities both domestically and internationally.
Mr. Walsh’s diversified experience includes the following:
- Project management for over 300 equipment consulting engagements
- Repeat planning engagements with major academic medical centers including replacement and expansion projects, ambulatory care centers, research labs and specialty centers (rehab, cardiac, cancer)
- Extensive experience in planning large scale projects for both academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Management of medical equipment procurement projects for complex replacement hospitals resulting in documented savings
- Experience in all aspects of equipment planning for healthcare construction including budgeting, reuse planning, specification development, procurement management, installation planning, relocation planning, and activation planning
- International planning experience in the Far East and Middle East
Prior to the Walsh Consulting Group, Mr. Walsh managed the equipment planning practice for the Herman Smith division of Coopers & Lybrand for 10 years. In addition to his consulting career, he has 10 years hospital operations experience as a materials management department head with Illinois Masonic Medical Center and as a buyer for Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Mr. Walsh is considered an authority on medical equipment technology and has authored numerous articles and been quoted by publications such as Modern Healthcare, Healthcare Executive, Hospitals and Health Facilities Management.
BS, Marketing,DePaul University, Chicago, IL
MBA, Marketing, Dominican University, River Forest, IL
Certificate in Hospital Administration, J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
American College of Healthcare Executives
American Institute of Architects